Special commission to approve Russian athletes for Rio 2016, - IOC
The group will decide whether each of 250 potentially eligible athletes will be allowed to participate
According to Thomas Bach, president of the International Olympic Committee, no athlete will be approved without respective decision of the special commission. The authority, which consists of three IOC members, was created in Rio on July 30 (Radio Liberty).
July 24, the IOC decided to allow Russian athletes to participate under certain conditions; WADA and several more anti-doping agencies across the globe protested, pointing at the state-run program of doping use in Russia.
117 of 387 participants that were initially selected by Russia for the upcoming Summer Olympics in Rio are already dropped, as their blood tests came up positive for doping.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars