Putin cedes WADA’s position after protracted silence
Russian President proposes to create independent commission to monitor anti-doping measures
Russian President Vladimir Putin said after a long silence about the problem of the massive use of doping by Russian athletes, after 14 countries asked to suspend Russian team from Olympics 2016.
According to him, the sport should be no place to doping and Russia need to work closely with the disciplinary commission of the International Olympic Committee, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and international sports federations, nv.ua reports.
"The official position of the Russian government and the President is that there is no place for doping in sport ", said the Head of the Kremlin at a meeting with members of the government.
He also proposed the creation of an independent commission to monitor the fight against doping.
"I consider it appropriate to send the offer to the Russian Olympic Committee to establish an independent public commission, which could include, in addition to Russian experts, and international experts in the fields of medicine, law, authoritative public and sports figures and experts", Putin said.
At the same time he wants the Russian official - IOC member Vitaly Smirnov to lead such a commission, as he is a person with "perfect, absolutely perfect" reputation.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain