Portugal wins Euro 2016
Fernando Santos and his men gain the first title of European champions in the history of the national squad
A Seleção delivered crushing blow to the hosts of the tournament in Euro 2016 final game. It was all the more hard to believe it as Portugal’s key player Ronaldo suffered some tough injury to the knee and had to leave the pitch on stretchers. It seemed France had had a huge advantage now; but it eventually turned otherwise.
Both Portugal and France kept clean sheets for 90 minutes, with not so many moments to remember for both of the squads. It took an extra time to break the ice. With Eder scoring at 108’, Les Bleus found themselves in quite an awkward position.
The dramatic struggle went on, with Deschamps’s men desperately trying to make it at least a tie; watching that must have been true heartache for the French fans. Within the last minute of the match, French midfielder Martial could have evened the odds with a powerful shot, but it was blocked just in time.
Well, Euro 2016 is over, and Europe has a new champion now – the bold and wildly determined Portuguese. Felicitações!
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case