Phelps to finish career after Rio
The world’s most titled Olympic champion participated in five Olympic Games, won 26 medals
‘That was a fantastic week, and a great way to finish my career. It was my final 200 meter race today (Thursday, August 11, - 112 International). It might look odd to only imagine that 20 years ago I learned how to swim, and now, in the next 48 hours, I’ll stop performing. It seems like madness to even think about some of these things, but at the same time it’s great, because I have always had a chance to do whatever I wanted to do. Deep inside, I feel like 18, but body doesn’t feel the same way anymore. It wears off, it hurts. Even you people can see it’s tough for me to get out of the water’, the outstanding Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps said at a press conference.
‘I talked about it very much; but I’m getting closer to my dream every day. Since childhood, I’ve been dreaming of doing something that no one more is capable of. And I get my satisfaction. Winning is still something special for me, so you can see more and more emotions from me at awards ceremonies’, the great athlete said.
Michael Phelps, the brilliant U.S. swimmer, walked his triumphant path from Athens 2004 till Rio 2016, having won 26 medals, 22 of them gold, two - silver and two more - bronze.
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case