Paralympics: Several hundred of people greet Ukraine’s athletes
Sports Minister Ihor Zhdanov told athletes prize money are already transferred on their cards
Several hundred of people gathered in the Boryspil airport, welcoming the first group of Ukraine’s athletes from Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro. The flight arrived late. Earlier the representative of the president of Ukraine on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Valeriy Sushkevich said that Paralympic team with most champions and winners of XV Paralympic Games arrives in the night of September 21 at 1:25 am Kyiv time in Terminal F.
People have come up with blue and yellow balloons, flowers, posters. Sports Minister Ihor Zhdanov, the athletes Maxim Veraksa and Denis Silant'ev, journalists, presenters, and musicians were among those who met the Paralympians.
"You have proved that you are the best in the world and I thank you for what you have done for our country", said Zhdanov during a ceremony in Terminal F.
Sports Minister Ihor Zhdanov told athletes that the prize money has been already transferred on their cards.
Athletes and those who met them without musical accompaniment sang the national anthem of Ukraine and greeted each other with the words "Glory to Ukraine!”
Valeriy Sushkevich thanked everyone who came, and all the Ukrainians for the fact that "you believed in our athletes".
Recall, the Ukrainian national team finished ahead of the US in the final medal standings of the Paralympic Games 2016 and took the third place, winning 117 medals.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars