First Paralympic day was very bright for Ukrainian team bringing 9 medals - 1 gold, 1 silver and 7 bronze medals and the third place the total medal standings. This is the summary of September 9.
A burst of bronze medals at midday led to a much expected silver and resulted in glorious gold! Ievgenii Bogodaiko beautifully dropped the curtain.
45 Ukrainian athletes competed in 7 kinds of sports on day 1.
Men's 100m Backstroke
- Ievgenii Bogodaiko won gold with the result of 1:10:55, leaving American and Brazilian sportsmen behind
- Denys Dubrov took silver in Swimming men's 100m breaststroke
Bronze medals won:
- Olga Sviderska in swimming women's 100m freestyle
- Ruslan Katyshev in athletics men's long jump
- Roman Danyliuk in thletics men's shot put
- Davyd Khorava in judo men – 66 kg
- Yuliya Halinska in judo women –48 kg
- Iaroslav Semenenko in swimming men's 100m backstroke
- Oksana Hhrul in swimming women's 100m backstroke