Paralympics 2016: Member of Belarusian team carried Russian flag during opening ceremony
Russian national team was suspended from Paralympic Games in Rio
One of the members of the Belarusian national Paralympic team came out with the Russian flag during the opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games at the stadium "Maracana" in Rio de Janeiro last night, reported by the Mirror.
The article suggests that that was the way the man expressed his support for the Russian national team, which was suspended from the Paralympics due to the doping scandal involving athletes of Olympic team of the Russian Federation.
The athlete with the Russian flag made about a quarter of the circle of the stadium, when the flag was confiscated by officials, who are now working to identify the offender, reported by the BBC.
As it was reported earlier, the entire Russian team was suspended from participation in the Paralympics 2016. The Paralympic Committee of Russia said that the decision of the International Paralympic Committee on suspending Russian athletes is applied not only to the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, but also for the Olympics in 2018.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain