Olympics 2016: Paralympic champion to seek euthanasia after Games in Rio
Paralympic Games will be held in Rio de Janeiro on September 8-17
Belgian champion of Paralympics 2012 in wheelchair racing Marika Vervurt said that the Games in Rio will be the completion of not only her career, but also life. Partially paralyzed athlete intends to seek permission for euthanasia, as it is legal in her homeland. Le Parisien reports this.
According to the agency, the athlete is not very well known to the general public, but she has to make efforts every day to keep training, because her disease progresses.
"Rio is my last wish. Training became very difficult to me, I have to fight my illness day and night, but I hope to finish my career on the podium in Rio", the champion of London 2012 said.
According to 37-year-old athlete, the time comes when you have to finish your career and the sport for her is the only meaning of life.
"Everybody sees me smiling and with a gold medal, but no one sees the reverse side of all this", she says.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars