Olympics 2016: Organizers not to sell all tickets for Games in Rio
Olympic Games in Rio are not most profitable in history of Sport Contest
The organizers of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro as of August 1 were able to realize only 79 percent of the tickets for the event.
According to nv.ua citing the The Wall Street Journal, the proceeds from the sale of tickets is 304 million dollars, which is 95 percent of the target.
It is worth noting that in terms of ticket sales to Games events in Rio these Olympics concede the last two Olympics in Beijing and London, where about 95 percent of the tickets were sold.
At the same time, Rio managed to get ahead on this indicator over other cities, who carried the Olympic Games at the end of last and the beginning of this century: in Seoul in 1988, Barcelona in 1992, Atlanta in 1996 and Athens in 2004 was sold less than 80 percent of the tickets.
Paralympics: Several hundred of people greet Ukraine’s athletes 22 September, 08:42
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars