Newly elected UEFA President to visit Ukraine
Aleksander Ceferin took post of the Association’s seventh President at the UEFA’s Extraordinary Congress in Athens
The new UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin will come to Ukraine in frameworks of his first working visits in this office. Andriy Pavelko, Head of Ukraine’s Federation of Football, said this in Kyiv on Wednesday. The official congratulated Ceferin on being elected for this honorable post.
‘UEFA member countries have elected the new President of this organization. It’s my Slovenian colleague Aleksander Ceferin. He’s young and very ambitious leader. Over the past few months, we’ve been talking a lot about the ways to develop football in Europe and about the role of national football associations. Our views on many things are very much similar. I congratulated Aleksander on his victory and wished him best of luck, telling him Ukraine is now his reliable associate. In return, the newly elected UEFA President promised to pay one of his first visits to Ukraine’, Pavelko said.
Aleksander Ceferin has been elected as UEFA's seventh President at the European body's Extraordinary Congress in Athens. The 48-year-old Slovenian received 42 votes from UEFA's member associations, against 13 votes for the other candidate, Michael van Praag from the Netherlands.
According to the UEFA’s official website, Ceferin was born in Ljubljana, Slovenia on 13 October 1967. A graduate of Ljubljana University's law faculty, he went on to work for his family's law firm and developed a special interest in representing professional athletes and sports clubs. He later took over the role of company director.
He first took a formal interest in local football in 2005 through his work with the executive board of KMN Svea Lesna Litija, one of Slovenia's most successful futsal clubs. He has also been a member of the executive committee of amateur side FC Ljubljana Lawyers since 2005.
Ceferin was elected as Football Association of Slovenia president in 2011. He has also served as a second and third vice-chairman of the UEFA Legal Committee since 2011.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case