Mirror: Armenian weightlifter dislocates elbow during his event in Rio
Doctors can’t say yet whether Andranik Karapetyan will ever resume his sport career
Armenia’s weightlifter Andranik Karapetyan experienced a bloodcurdling injury during yesterday’s event of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
The incumbent champion of Europe had his elbow dislocated upon his second attempt to lift 195 kilograms in clean and jerk, Mirror wrote.
Karapetyan lifted the weight but immediately dropped it as his left arm gave way. Armenia’s big hope to get a gold medal in the event left the competition in tears, accompanied by the doctors.
Watch the video:
Read more here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars