Messi to file appeal against Spanish court’s decision
The Barcelona super-star Lionel Messi is to file an appeal against Spanish court’s decision
The Barcelona super-star Lionel Messi is to file an appeal against Spanish court’s decision sentencing him to 21 months in prison for non-payment of taxes. This was announced by the football player’s attorney.
He was found guilty in machinations leading to 4 million Euro lack in Spanish treasury. Messi’s father Jorge transacted his financial business, thus they both got the punishment.
However, according Spanish legislation, less than two-years imprisonment is usually commuted with suspended sentence. So Messi is not likely to go to jail. In addition, the soccer player shall pay the fine – 2 million Euro, and his father – another 1.5 million Euro.
Lionel Messi is the only five-time Golden Ball holder. Dozens of millions Euro per year is just his salary, not to mention his other contracts. Recently his name appeared in a big international scandal – so-called Panama Gate, revealing Messi as an owner of an offshore company.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case