Lucescu to coach Trabzonspor
The Romanian trainer is up to pass the team to his son
Mircea Lucescu, the head coach of FC Shakhtar Donetsk, confirmed that he negotiated with Trabzonspor. However, the Romanian trainer didn’t specify when he would start coaching the Turkish club, Sport.Ua reported.
“I’d like to save fond memories of myself in my current team. If the deal takes place, I will work as the head coach in Trabzonspor, and then I’ll switch to the job of the team manager. By that time, Răzvan Lucescu can adopt the club”, Mircea Lusecsu said.
Răzvan Lucescu is a former goalkeeper, the current coach of Greek club Skoda Xanthi, and the son of Mircea Lucescu. In 2014, he led his team to their first Greek Cup final in their history.
Currently, Shakhtar Donetsk FC, led by Mircea Lucescu, ranks first in the Ukrainian Premier League. In February and March, the Ukrainian team will face Schalke 04 in the round of the last 32 of UEFA Europa League.
Mircea Lucescu has been training Shakhtar Donetsk since 2004.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars