Lucescu: I congratulated my team on achievements in Europa League
The coach commented on fail to reach Europa League finals
The coach of Donetsk FC “Shakhtar” Mircea Luchesku is convinced that the team lost to “Sevilla” only due to its own mistakes, it is said on Shakhtar’s official website.
“I congratulate “Sevilla” and wish a good play in the finals. It’s a very lucky team. They used our mistakes in Lviv. Today, they also used our mistakes in the first half and at the beginning of second half. Overall, it was a good, spectacular, aggressive match, surely favored by the audience. “Sevilla” deserved the victory due to our mistakes. Instead of giving up the initiative to our competitors and waiting for their attacks, we missed counter-attacks. All in all, I’m satisfied with the play of my team. It should be taken into account, that we spend much time in planes, hotel instead of spending in on the field, training. Of course, we counted on a much better result. We wanted to win and reach the final. Today we played against a very experienced team. They fought for every opportunity without exception. They were aggressive and scored, because they deserved it”, - Lucescu said.
“I also congratulated the team on their achievements in Europa League matches. We mustn’t forget, that we’ve lost our 6 key players in the current year. I explained to my team, that most likely we should have started the second half in a different way. We knew, that “Sevilla” would rush into the second half very aggressively. We should’ve been more patient and acted the way we acted at the end of the first half”, - the coach added.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case