Ukrainian athletes won three gold medals in the swimming competition at the Paralympics, the official website of the Games reports.
Elizabeth Merezhko, Maxim Veraksa and Anna Stetsenko brought the victory. Elizabeth Merezhko showed the best results in the women's swim in the 100-meter freestyle (S6 category), and surpassed her compatriot Victoria Savtsova and Ellie Robinson from the UK.
Maxim Veraksa won in the men's swim in the 50 meter freestyle (S12 category). At the finish he was faster than Dmitry Salei (Azerbaijan) and its teammate Ilya Yaremenko. Swimmer Anna Stetsenko excelled in the women's 100 meters backstroke (S13 category). Second place got Abby Kane from the UK, and Kate Dedekind from Australia - the third.
Right now there are 117 awards on account of the national team of Ukraine - 41 gold, 37 silver and 39 bronze medals.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars