Klitschko: My ego hurts after loss to Fury
The former heavyweight champion of the world is determined to get even with the British
Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko promises to have his revenge in the rematch with British Tyson Fury, Spiegel wrote.
“It doesn’t hurt physically anymore. Luckily, I left the ring with only a couple of cuts, I had no more injuries. But that still hurts deep inside. I’ve got large ego – it is what makes me go on, but now it hurts because of that loss”, the former champion said.
“I was in my best physical shape at the time. But if there’s no balance between your physical and psychological conditions, it is tough to fight good. I never engaged in that fight. I found the reason why it happened, analyzed it, and now I know what to do with it. The result of the rematch is going to be quite different”, Klitschko said.
As is known, in November 2015, long-time heavyweight champion of the world Wladimir Klitschko sensationally lost to British athlete Tyson Fury, by the jury’s unanimous decision. It became his first loss in eleven years. Soon after that, the Ukrainian offered a rematch, and Fury accepted.
The Klitschko-Fury II boxing event is slated for spring 2016.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas