IOC to suspend Russian national team from participation in Olympic Games in Rio
IOC also want to suspend national team of Russian Federation and from participating in Winter Olympics 2018 in South Korea
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will remove all of the Russian national team from participation in the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. This was reported by The Daily Mail, citing informed sources.
According to the newspaper, this decision will be announced on Sunday, July 24th. This day an emergency meeting of the IOC Executive Board will take place. During it the committee will examine the decision of the court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which upheld the dismissal of Olympic Athletics team from Russia.
At the same time, the president of the IOC Thomas Bach wants to consider the rights of the individual athletes.
It is also reported that some of the IOC officials want to suspend the national team of Russia from participation in Winter Olympic Games 2018, which will be held in South Korea.
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case