IOC will make final decision on Russian team in the last week before Olympic Games opening
The decision will be taken by the three-person panel
The International Olympic Committee will make the final decision on participation of the Russian team in Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro during the week, reports the news agency AFP.
BREAKING: IOC tells AFP it could take up to a week to decide whether to ban Russia from the Rio 2016 Olympics
BREAKING: IOC tells AFP it could take up to a week to decide whether to ban Russia from the Rio 2016 Olympics— AFP Sport (@AFP_Sport) July 20, 2016
This is the last week before the start of the Olympic Games in Brazil.
It is reported that a solution will take a commission of three people. It includes a member of the Executive Committee of the IOC, Juan Antonio Samaranch, the head of the IOC medical commission Ugur Erdener and head of the commission of athletes Claudia Bokel. The Commission will examine the case of each athlete to ensure that the IOC is satisfied with every decision.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars