Australian delegation mugged during recent fire incident in Rio
Two laptops were stolen from the team as they were evacuated from the building
Another incident took place in Rio where the Olympics are about to kick off on Friday. The Australian athletes and staff were forced to leave the building after a small fire started in a litter bin in a parking lot in the basement of the building, Inside The Games web portal reports. No one was injured and the team returned after the fire had been extinguished.
It turned out that items were taken during the evacuation, suggesting it may have been some sort of scam. "We did lose some shirts and a couple of laptops, one on the fifth floor from a cycling official and one in the office downstairs,” said Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) spokesman Mike Tancred.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain