Independent: Rio 2016: Selfie between two Korean gymnasts becomes instant icon of unity
Peace and unity are symbols of the Olympics
A simple selfie taken by two young Olympic gymnasts has already become one of the iconic moments of the Rio games.
South Korea’s Lee Eun Ju and and North Korean gymnast Hong Un Jong shared an amicable moment that belied the bitter feud between their home nations.
The pair were seen chatting and laughing together as they prepared to compete in the qualification for the artistic women's gymnastics.
North Korea's Hong Un-jong and South Korea's Lee Eun-ju. I love the Olympics. pic.twitter.com/10vvR23AQj— Bryan Armen Graham (@BryanAGraham) 7 августа 2016 г.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko awards Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic athletes 5 October, 21:08
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case