In Kyiv took place departure ceremony of Ukrainian Olympic team to Games in Rio
President and prime minister wished to Ukrainian athletes succes and victories
At the Sofia Square in Kyiv took place the departure ceremony of the Ukrainian Olympic team to the 2016 Summer Olympics, in Rio de Janeiro, reports "Interfax-Ukraine".
Olympic team marched from Mykhailivska to Sophia Square, where it was greeted by several hundred gathered in the square kyivans and guests. Before that, the athletes laid flowers to the wall of the memory of those killed in ATO near Mykhailivskyi Cathedral.
Attending the ceremony, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman expressed confidence that the Ukrainian Olympians will return from Brazil with the victory and wished them success in their struggle in the competition.
In turn, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko wrote on his Facebook page the following: "Today the Ukrainian Olympians go to Rio. Wish you successful you performances, new records and, of course, medals. Let the Ukrainian national anthem to sound in Rio de Janeiro more often. We believe in you!"
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case