IAAF rejects applications of Russian athletes to participate in the Olympic Games, except one
Only Russian athletes, who are able to prove their innocence in doping scandals can participate
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) rejected the proposal of Russian athletes to participate in international competitions, including the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, except for long jumper Darya Klishina, said "TASS" with reference to the head of Legal Department Alexandra Brilliantova.
At the same time Brilliantova emphasized that panic is not necessary. "No panic, all 68 athletes filed complaints in advance, including to such refusals, "- she said.
According to the IAAF Council from June 17 to participate in international competitions, including the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, will be allowed only Russian athletes, who are able to prove their innocence to the Russian anti-doping system and doping scandals.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas