Lucescu commented on Shakhtar's defeat to PSG
"I think we did not deserve it", complained the coach of Shakhtar
Mircea Lucescu, head coach of Shakhtar, admitted that his club will not be able to adequately resist the European giants after yesterday’s defeat to Paris Saint-Germain. The coach is confident that "miners" will fight only for third place in the group.
"PSG deservedly won. They used their great moments: three hits - three goals. We will play for third place. Even showing a very good football, we cannot compete on equal terms with Real and PSG", reported press service of Shakhtar with reference to Lucescu, Obozrevatel.
Romanian coach believes that the game was made by the first French goal.
"The result is rather remarkable. I think we did not deserve it. For me it was important that we had left a good impression after this game."
"In the beginning, we have baffled by the first goal, which broke the rhythm of the game. Then Hladkyi and Kucher did not realize goal moments. At half-time I told the players to take more risks, dominate, and make an attack. Unfortunately, we could not score, even though we had the possibility change the match’s outcome. Our young players tried, but hurried. Not everything was achieved in this game", summed up Lucescu.
Before the game, Darijo Srna, team captain of Shakhtar, noted that chances to defeat PSG still remained, if Shakhtar would "play its own football".
In the 1st round of the Champions League, Shakhtar devastatingly lost to Real.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars