Head of Russian Union of fans deported from France
Alexandr Shprygin falls under sanctions against Russian football supporters for their recent fight with British fans in Marseille
French interior ministry reports that Shprygin was detained for the second time during his stay in the country (TASS). They cancelled his visa, banned him from further entrance and sent him home.
‘Shprygin was deported from France. His plane left Charles de Gaulle airport soon after midnight and headed for Moscow’, the press service of the interior ministry said.
The leader of Russian football supporters already was sanctioned due to the recent events in Marseille. Back then, on June 11, Russian and British fans started a brutal fight – immediately after the game between their national teams. On Monday, June 20, Shprygin and another three Russian fans came to the stadium to watch the game featuring Russia and Wales. As he tried to enter the arena, the French police detained and delivered him to the police precinct at the airport.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas