Gymnastics: Ukrainian athlete Verniaiev won at World Cup in Germany
Ukrainian was the best in all around World Cup in Stuttgart
Ukrainian Olympic champion Oleg Verniaiev has won gold at the 2017 DTB World Cup in Stuttgart, the second of three FIG all-around World Cup events this year, according to the official website.
Verniaiev scored 84,899 points. He got ahead of Japanese gymnast Kazuma Kaya scoring 84,398 and Chinese representative Wei Sun who got 82,898 points.
Ukrainian President also congratulated Ukrainian winner.
"Oleg Verniaiev has become the winner in the fourth stage of the all around World Cup. We are proud of you, Oleg," President Poroshenko congratulated the athlete.
1. Oleg Verniaiev (UKR) – 84,899
2. Kazuma Kaya (JPN) – 84,398
3. Wei Sun (CHN) – 82,898
4. Nikita Ignatyev (RUS) – 82,799
5. James Hall (GBR) – 82,665
6. Lukas Dauser (GER) – 81,797
7. Allan Bower (USA) – 81,699
8. Oliver Hegi (SUI) – 81,165
9. Sebastian Krimmer (GER) - 76,964