For the first time in 21 years Ukraine joins Hopman Cup
Dolgopolov and Svitolina to play for Ukraine in the tennis tournament in Australia
In the next season Ukrainian tennis team will participate in one of the most prestigious international tennis tournaments for national teams - Hopman Cup 2016. The national team will be presented as part of the strongest athletes according to the world ranking: Elina Svitolina and Oleksander Dolgopolov.
Ukraine is announced to compete with Australia Gold, United States and Czech Republic.
"Ukraine was last represented at the event by brother sister duo, former world No.4 Andrei Medvedev and Natalia Medvedeva from 1993 to 1995. The pair finished as runners-up to Germany’s Boris Becker and Anke Huber in 1995," according to the Hopman Cup.
Ukraine used to form part of the Soviet Union which also competed at the Hopman Cup on two occasions in the early 1990s. Also Ukraine completed at the tournament in 1995.
The Hopman Cup XXVIII will be the 28th edition of the Hopman Cup tournament between nations in men's and women's tennis. The tournament will take place on the 3rd of January 2016 at the Perth Arena in Perth, Australia.
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars