Football: Zidane held first training session as Real Madrid’s new manager
About six thousand people came to watch the football legend and their favorite team
Zinedine Zidane, the newly appointed head coach of Real Madrid FC, held the first training session with his new team, the Daily Mail reported on its website.
“Thousands of Real Madrid’s supporters applauded Zidane at the Valdebebas training ground as he put his players through their paces for the first time since being appointed manager until at least the end of the season. The 43-year-old was announced as Rafa Benitez's replacement on Monday in a decision which has ignited excitement among fans”, the article says.
“It’s a historical day”, says the message posted January 5 on the team’s official Twitter account.
Zidane, the 1998 world champion and the winner of Euro 2000, previously played for Real Madrid in 2001-2006.
UEFA Europa League: Braga hosts Shakhtar Donetsk 8 December, 15:37
UEFA Europa League: Zorya Luhansk loses to Manchester United in Odesa 8 December, 22:32
UEFA Europa League: Shakhtar Donetsk overcomes Braga 2-4 8 December, 20:24
- europe12:17Freight train derailed in Bulgaria, there are victims
- UKRAINE TOP 11:31Every effort is made to return political prisoners from Russia, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS10:46CIA identified individuals who helped Russia intervene in US elections
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism