Football: Zidane held first training session as Real Madrid’s new manager
About six thousand people came to watch the football legend and their favorite team
Zinedine Zidane, the newly appointed head coach of Real Madrid FC, held the first training session with his new team, the Daily Mail reported on its website.
“Thousands of Real Madrid’s supporters applauded Zidane at the Valdebebas training ground as he put his players through their paces for the first time since being appointed manager until at least the end of the season. The 43-year-old was announced as Rafa Benitez's replacement on Monday in a decision which has ignited excitement among fans”, the article says.
“It’s a historical day”, says the message posted January 5 on the team’s official Twitter account.
Zidane, the 1998 world champion and the winner of Euro 2000, previously played for Real Madrid in 2001-2006.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case