Football: Ukraine’s national team could stay in Marseille at Euro 2016, - Pavelko
Head coach believes it’s the most convenient place for the team to stay
Head coach of Ukraine’s national football team Mykhailo Fomenko prefers Marseille for the squad to stay during the Euro 2016 in France. President of the Federation of Football of Ukraine, MP Andriy Pavelko (see photo above) said this December 28 in an interview with “Sport-Express.Ua”.
“In its third game at the Euro 2016 group stage, Ukraine will face Poland. The match will take place in Marseille, so Mykhailo Fomenko tends to the training ground located near the city, where the team would stay and practice. That would save time for flights back and forth. Currently, Fomenko chooses among three options, but he prefers this one”, Pavelko said.
As is known, in November this year Ukraine qualified to the Euro 2016. At the tournament’s final draw in December, the squad joined Group C, along with Germany, Poland and the Northern Ireland.
Ukraine is to oppose Poland at Stade Vélodrome, Marseille, June 21.
The Euro 2016 football championship will be hosted by France from June 10 through July 10.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas