Football: UEFA should allow Dynamo fans to visit game against Man City, - Surkis
The Ukrainian team fights for the round of the last eight, Dynamo Kyiv president says
UEFA should lift empty stadium ban from Dynamo Kyiv FC, said the team’s president Ihor Surkis. The official said Ukraine hopes that the Association allows the team’s fans visit the next game in the Champions League, sport-express.ua reports.
“UEFA can see we oppose the inappropriate behavior of fans in every legal and possible way. The investigation in the case goes on until everyone involved in the violation is found and brought to responsibility, it’s not over yet”, Surkis said.
“Currently, we’ve got a chance to make our way to the quarterfinal of UEFA Champions League. So, we kindly asked the UEFA to let us play the game with Manchester City with the support of the fans”, he reiaterated.
Previously, Dynamo were hit with a three-game UEFA punishment following racist chanting at their group stage clash with Chelsea in October.
The first match of that ban was against Macabi Tel Aviv, with the clash with City the next game up.
FC Dynamo Kyiv has been ordered to play their next three UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors. The third match is suspended for a probationary period of three years. The club has also been fined €100,000.
The UEFA Champions League match between Dynamo and Man City is slated for February 24.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas