UEFA should lift empty stadium ban from Dynamo Kyiv FC, said the team’s president Ihor Surkis. The official said Ukraine hopes that the Association allows the team’s fans visit the next game in the Champions League, sport-express.ua reports.
“UEFA can see we oppose the inappropriate behavior of fans in every legal and possible way. The investigation in the case goes on until everyone involved in the violation is found and brought to responsibility, it’s not over yet”, Surkis said.
“Currently, we’ve got a chance to make our way to the quarterfinal of UEFA Champions League. So, we kindly asked the UEFA to let us play the game with Manchester City with the support of the fans”, he reiaterated.
Previously, Dynamo were hit with a three-game UEFA punishment following racist chanting at their group stage clash with Chelsea in October.
The first match of that ban was against Macabi Tel Aviv, with the clash with City the next game up.
FC Dynamo Kyiv has been ordered to play their next three UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors. The third match is suspended for a probationary period of three years. The club has also been fined €100,000.
The UEFA Champions League match between Dynamo and Man City is slated for February 24.