Football: "Return leg against Shakhtar will be tough", - Emery
Sevilla’s head coach says the yesterday’s tie reflects balance of the teams’ strength
“Both squads looked fine and they seized their moments; I guess the return leg will be rather tough both for Shakhtar and Sevilla. Like I said before the game, the chances are 50/50, and the outcome of the match only makes it clear that the opponents are equal in strength”, Unai Emery said at the press conference after the game.
As 112 International reported, Shakhtar Donetsk and Sevilla played a 2-2 tie at Arena Lviv on April 26. Shakhtar gave up the first goal already at sixth minute, but managed to regroup and placed two goals in return by the end of the first half. However, the Spanish persistently sought for a chance to tie, and they succeeded; referee Szymon Marciniak pointed at the spot after Vitolo was downed in Shakhtar’s penalty box. Gameiro sealed the tie, thickening the plot and making fans eagerly wait for the next game.
The return leg of the UEFA Europa League semifinals will be played in Spain, so Sevilla will surely do their best in front of their supporters, and the Mountaineers will have to score and keep their own goals safe at the same time. It will be hot on Sanchez Pizjuan’s pitch in a week, no doubt there.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain