Football: Monzul becomes first female referee to serve in Professional Football League
The 34-year-old will serve the game between Volyn and Chornomorets
Ukrainian referee Kateryna Monzul will serve at the upcoming game of Ukraine’s Professional Football League, Federation of Football reported. Sideline referees will be Natalya Rachynska and Andriy Skrypka. The game is to start in Lutsk, the home city of Volyn FC (western Ukraine). It is slated for Sunday, April 3.
Monzul is one of the most qualified female referees in the world. Last year, she served the final match at the women’s world cup in Canada (USA-Japan, 5-2). In 2015, the International Football Federation of History and Statistics recongized her the world's best female referee.
Since 2011, the referee has been regularly serving games in the first and second football leagues in Ukraine; players, coaches and sport experts repeatedly praised her for efficient work.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case