Football: Messi wins Golden Ball 2015
The Argentinian said he’s happy to be “a part of the great game”
Lionel Messi won the Golden Ball 2015, the world’s most prestigious football award. The Argentinian player thanked his close people and fans for the support via Facebook.
“On the day like this, I’d like to thank football, the sport I fell in love with back when I was a kid, and I’m still blindly in love with it. I’m grateful to football for the days of joy and delight, for goals and victories, but I’m also grateful for those evening of suffering, disappointment and defeats; for everything that helped me value the good moments even more than before", reads the post on Messi's Facebook page.
"I thank football and all the people around me who support me every day: my family, my team and my fans. I wouldn’t have won all these individual awards without team work. That’s why I want to devote this award to every one of these people and, of course, to this amazing sport – football”, Messi wrote.
It’s the fifth Golden Ball in the entire Messi’s carrer. He's been defending the colors of Barcelona since 2003.
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain