Football: Dynamo Kyiv counts on experience in its previous games with Man City, - Rebrov
The Ukrainian coach hopes the first leg will be played at the NSC Olimpiyskiy
Dynamo Kyiv head coach Serhiy Rebrov commented on the team’s preparations for the games against Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League playoffs. The first and second legs are to be played in February and March, respectively.
“We never had any illusions of getting a weak opponent. So, now we realize our primary task is to thoroughly prepare for the games against Manchester City. That’s a tough team, they’ve got the strong first eleven and plenty of good players on a bench. They’re good in ball control, they’ve got fast and skillful players who can easily launch fast attacks. Besides, they have a good team chemistry in the defense line. There’s enough players on the bench who can replace anyone from the starting eleven”, Rebrov said. “If we had to face Barcelona or Bayern, we’d practice just as much thoroughly. Many of Dynamo players have a good experience of successful games against this English club. The most important, however, is whether UEFA allows our appeal to hold the first leg in Kyiv – not at a neutral territory, like Manchester City wants it. We very much hope that UEFA complies with the wishes of our fans, and the supporters will stand for Dynamo at the home stadium of the NSC Olympiyskiy”, said the Ukrainian coach.
Previously, UEFA Vice President Hryhoriy Surkis said that managers of Manchester City asked the Association to consider a possibility of holding the first leg of the last 16 round at a neutral pitch. “It’s impossible, and UEFA will never make such decision, which discriminates the Ukrainian club”, the official said.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels