Five Russian Paralympics athletes disqualified for doping by Russia for four years
The verdict to Russian athletes was delivered by the Federation of Physical Culture and Sport for Persons with Physical Disabilities of Russia
Five representatives of the Russian Paralympic team were disqualified for doping violation, according to the Russian Anti-Doping Agency. The athletes were suspended for four years by the Federation of Physical Culture and Sport for Persons with Physical Disabilities of Russia.
The sanctions affect the silver medalist of the 2008 Paralympics in powerlifting Airat Zakiev together with Ales Lafin, Farid Rakhmatullin, Tatiana Zhavoronkova and Olga Kiseleva.
As we reported earlier, Court of Arbitration for Sport suspended Russian team from the Paralympics in Rio.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas