RFE\RL: Five Russian Olympic rowers banned from participation in Summer Olympics in Rio
They failed at doping tests, International Canoe Federation reports
The respective article at the ICF website says that a group of Russian rowers are suspended from participation in the upcoming Olympics (RFE\RL). The ban is imposed on the following athletes: Elena ANIUSHINA, Kayak Double (K2W) 500m; Natalia PODOLSKAIA, Kayak Single, (K1W) 200m; Alexander DYACHENKO, Kayak Double (K2M) 200m Men; Andrey KRAITOR, Canoe Single (C1M) 200m Men; Alexey KOROVASHKOV, Canoe Double (C2M) 1000m Men.
“This is a bitter blow for the Olympic movement and we are saddened that our sport is implicated. We have taken swift action and removed all offending athletes where doping evidence exists. The ICF will continue its strong zero-tolerance stance and remove all athletes that contravene its rules in anyway.” We are clear that if you step out-of-line you won't make the start line,” said Simon Toulson, ICF Secretary General.
All the aforementioned names are present in WADA’s report of Prof. McLaren on the wide use of doping in Russian sport.
Previously, the Daily Telegraph reported that about 90 percent of Russia’s national team would be most likely banned from the Olympics, as the IOC says the athletes do not meet the selection criteria; the key point is abstaining from the use of doping. President of Russia’ Olympic Committee Alexandr Zhukov urged the international society not to believe this information.
On July 25, the International Swimming Federation suspended seven Russian swimmers from the upcoming competitions.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case