Five new sports to be added to Olympics 2020
Athletes will compete for awards kits in baseball, surfing, climbing, karate and skateboarding
Visiting session of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved the inclusion of baseball / softball, karate, skateboarding, rock climbing and surfing in the program of the Summer Olympics 2020, which will be held in Tokyo, on Wednesday, August 3, BBC reports.
Due to the inclusion of new sports in the Olympic program, viewers will see 18 events attended by 474 sportsmen.
These five sports were selected for the Tokyo Olympics due to the fact that they are very popular in Japan, as well as attractive to young people.
"Games in Tokyo can become one of the most unique in the history of the Olympic Games due to these five new sports", said the president of the organizing committee of the Olympic Games 2020 in Tokyo Yoshiro Mori.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case