First Euro 2016 fan fight: England and France fans clash in Marseille
The police used tear gas to stop the clashes, several football fans have been arrested
Football fans of England and France clashed in Marseille, The Daily Mail reports.
The clashes started after midnight between England fans and a group of Marseille ‘ultras’.
The reports about the fights are very controversial. England fans report, they were attacked by local youth near Queen Victoria pub and near Irish pub O’Malley’s. A fan from London claims the culprits ‘knew exactly where we’d turn up and definitely aimed to attacks us’. The British claim they did nothing wrong, just ‘drank a little bit too much’.
‘Suddenly, the French hooligans arrived and started attacking us, they hit us with stuff. We had to protect ourselves. The police arrived shortly afterwards’, - the British fans say.
However, according to another version, the clashes started after a British insulted a Muslim, the French started a fight afterwards. Groups of British fans screamed: ‘ISIS, where are you?’, while owners of bars and restaurants started closing.
Watch the video:
A British fan has been seriously injured after he had been hit with a wooden chair on the head. The police used tear gas to stop the clashes, several football fans have been arrested.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case