FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualification: Ukraine ties draw with Iceland
Andriy Shevchenko debuted as the head coach of Yellow Blues
Ukraine started the 2018 World Cup qualification with a tie against brilliant Icelanders who evoked sympathies of many viewers during Euro 2016.
Finbogasson opened the score with only five minutes behind the starting whistle. However, the guests failed to hold the winning score even by the end of the first half; Ukraine’s winger Andriy Yarmolenko sealed the tie.
In the second half, the Ukrainian team had a really good chance to reverse the situation. Icelanders fouled on Butko in their goalkeeper’s area, and the referee pointed to the spot. However, Konoplyanka missed his chance as the ball hit the bar. Thus, the result remained 1-1.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain