FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualification: Ukraine, Kosovo to play at neutral pitches
Ukraine doesn’t recognize Kosovo’s independence from Serbia
The first game (formally, the home game for Ukraine) is scheduled for October 9, 2016; the second one is slated for October 6, 2017. Andriy Pavelko, the President of Ukraine’s Federation of Football, said this at a briefing in Kyiv.
The venues for the both matches have not yet been selected. Previously, Pavelko surmised that the matches could take place in Turkey.
In May 2016, Kosovo has become the full-fledged member state of FIFA. In June, UEFA included the country’s national team into Group I for FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualification (Croatia, Islandia, Turkley, Finland, Ukraine and Kosovo).
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas