Euro 2016: Yellow blue threat or what Germany thinks of Ukrainian squad
Sportscasters acknowledge that Die Mannschaft have had problems with defense in first half, but after break Joachim Löw’s team took game under control
The German press was not entirely pleased with their team's game in the debut Euro 2016 match against Ukraine.
Yesterday's match was remembered by the attacks of both teams. At the same time, despite the superiority of the German squad in the possession of the ball, the Yellow Blue threat loomed at the horizon. For example, the most dangerous incident at the Neuer’s gate when Boateng passed the ball from the goal line after his own mistake.
At the beginning of the second half, Germany began to do better and put her opponent against their gates. And legs could no longer carry Yarmolenko, Konoplyanka, Stepanenko and Co by the end of the game.
Of course, the 2:0 against Ukraine seems a bit of a desired result. And the final point of Bastian Schweinsteiger was unrealistically beautiful. But the game was far from desirable. Real defense issues of German national team appeared during the match.
It was not a triumphant but a hard-earned victory. Ukraine was dangerous, especially in the first half. Not every starting game runs just as easily as 4:0 against Portugal in the World Cup 2014.
Ukrainians were more dangerous than it was expected. After 27 minutes, Khacheridi beat Mustafi, and Neuer managed to save the situation.
In the second half Ukrainians looked like they spent a lot of effort in the first half. Despite this, they continued their attacking operations, but did not create the dangerous moments.
And then Bastian Schweinsteiger came. And all was well.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels