Euro 2016: Ukraine has opportunity to prove its worth
President of Football Federation of Ukraine Andriy Pavelko shares his opinion about Ukraine’s designs on the tournament
The Ukrainian official arrived at the team’s base in Aix-en-Provence, France.
"We don’t have any particular goal but all the players are well aware that they have an excellent opportunity to be up to the challenge. We want to put tasks in turn, to move to our goal step by step. First of all, I would like the squad to leave the group stage, and then set the next task", Pavelko said.
"What are we expecting from the match against Germany? You wouldn't wish to start with Germany on your worst enemy. Yes, this is our main rival in the group. I would like to play with them, not only in the first match of the tournament, but also in the final game of the contest. But wanting is one thing, and being able to bring this desire to life is completely different thing".
"The heightened security measures are the highlight of this tournament. But, as we were assured, the best forces of French law enforcement system will cope with all the threats. We should just show the best performance we can", Pavelko summarized.
In its first Euro 2016 match, Ukraine will compete with Germany. The game is slated in Lille on June 12.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case