Euro 2016: Two England fans jailed after Marseille violence
Two months and three months; each banned from France for 2 years
Two British fans were sentenced to prison terms for participating in clashes with the Russians in Marseille, BBC journalist Francis Keogh said at his Twitter page.
One of them was sentenced to two months in prison, the other one to three. Both are denied entry to France for two years.
Recall that after the match Russia - England about 30 Russian fans broke through a cordon of stewards and into the sector with the British fans to disrupt a number of flags. In the process they attacked several British and showered fans with foreign objects. Fights lasted until the stewards intervened in the case. It is now known that there are 35 injured. Criminal proceedings were instituted against one of the Russian fans in Marseille.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain