Euro 2016: SSU publishes details of French terror suspect interrogation
Frenchman speaks negatively about mass immigration of foreigners in France and activities of state government
Security Service of Ukraine released snippets of conversations with the detained on suspicion of preparing terrorist attacks during the Euro 2016 French citizen and a citizen of Ukraine, who discussed, in particular, the preparation of "an operation" and the issue of the transfer of explosives on YouTube on Wednesday.
It is noted that the Frenchman spoke negatively about immigrants in France, the spread of Islam and world globalization. He also expressed the desire to commit a series of terrorist attacks in protest.
"The suspect arrived in Ukraine and tested the weapons and explosives under the Ukrainian Security Service in April 2016 ", reads the message.
The attacker and his allies planned to use weapons and explosives for simultaneous blasting of bridges and highway infrastructures in the different regions of France. State’s tax administration office, mosque, synagogue and other agencies that take part in the preparation on Euro 2016 could become the next targets for attacks.
The terrorist tried to find people who could have transferred the weapons and explosives through Ukrainian border for a fee of €3 000. Being unable to find a carrier, he decided to do this himself.
Halloween is coming in Ukraine 28 October, 19:14
Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land 28 October, 20:43
Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side 28 October, 20:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case