Euro 2016: Police capture Ukrainian fan with car full of baseball bats
Police found cold steel
Police officers detained the citizen of Ukraine in Lille, where now runs the European football Championship. Spokeswoman of the Department of Consular Service of the MFA of Ukraine Oresta Starak said this to 112.ua.
Police arrested the man from Ukraine during a raid in the framework of security measures during Euro 2016. He was in a car with Russian number plates, in which the officers found a large number of baseball bats. French law regards bats as a cold weapon.
According to preliminary information of the consulate, they arrested the Ukrainian. The court will determine the preventive measure for him.
There is also information that there was a woman in the car, also Ukraine’s citizen, but the consulate has not yet given an official confirmation.
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars