Euro 2016: Northern Ireland’s Lafferty suffers injury
Striker injures his groin during practice session
Northern Irish striker Kyle Lafferty got injured with Euro 2016 closing in fast. After one of the clashes at a training, Lafferty injured his groin and remained lying on the lawn, leaving the field later only with the help of the doctors.
Thus he may not be able to participate in the opening Euro 2016 match against Poland. The match will take place on June 12.
Lafferty scored 7 goals in 9 test matches before Euro 2016.
However, the team’s coach Martin O'Neill hastened to reassure the fans, saying there was nothing serious. Perhaps the striker still will be able to show up in the first match at Euro 2016 against the Poles (football.ua).
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars