Euro 2016: Large fan zone opens near the Eiffel Tower in Paris
The fan zone may hold up to 92 thousand fans
The biggest fan zone of this year’s European football championship is located near the symbol of Paris – the Eiffel Tower, DW reports.
As planned, the fan zone opened yesterday afternoon, a couple of hours before the concert of one of the world’s most famous DJs – David Guetta, who wrote Euro 2016 official anthem.
The area is the largest fan zone in France. Its area is 130,000 square kilometers which amounts to around 30 football fields. The fan zone has 8 screens and may hold up to 92 thousand fans.
In order to get into the fan zone, fans needs to go through two security levels: the first checks tickets, the second checks bags.
At least 400 people security staff will maintain order in the fan zone.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case