Euro 2016: Germany’s Rüdiger out of roster due to knee injury
Defender will not be able to help his team during entire tournament
German defender Antonio Rüdiger badly hurt his knee during the last training session (football.ua).
After one of the test games, Rüdiger collapsed on the lawn, holding his knee. German footballer was able to leave the field only with the help of two members of the national team's medical staff.
Later, doctors reported he tore crucial ligaments on his right knee, which left him out of the team’s line-up for the entire period of Euro 2016.
According to UEFA.com, the Association’s official website, the Bundesteam summoned Jonathan Tah to replace Rüdiger.
Still, head coach Joachim Löw has to set wit to a problem of central defenders for the game against the Ukrainians.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case