Euro 2016: Germany needs to be 100 percent ready till July
Defender Mats Hummels urges his team to stay in proper conditions before Euro play-offs
According to Hummels, it is better to be in top form by European Championship finals in July than to risk health in the group stage games.
The defender himself could miss the opening match for his team against Ukraine, slated for June 12 (football.ua).
"The tournament consists of seven very intense games. In this regard, it is better to be in good trim in July than to sacrifice health before the finals", he said in an interview to Sport1.de.
"I'm not ahead of the recovery schedule, but I’m not late either. Even if I can start to play for the national team only after the third match, there are still four games in three weeks left. This is an intensive program”, Hummels summed up.
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Besiktas faces Dynamo Kyiv tonight 28 September, 10:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas