Euro 2016: French Special Forces prevent Russian fans from going on Russia vs Slovakia match
Fans have been initially checked on drugs and weapons
French Special Forces stopped the group of Russian fans that were going to watch football match with Slovakia. "R-Sport" reports this, referring to Russia football fan community president Alexander Shprygin.
"Our group wanted to arrive to Lille. As our bus left Cannes, about a hundred of the Special Forces troops with machine guns surrounded it and moved away from the road. Now they want us to take our stuff and go out of the bus somewhere. Earlier they said it was drugs and weapons check-up, now they say it's an order of French Prosecutor's Office", he said on the phone.
According to Shprygin, Russian Consulate in France and Interior Ministry of Russia are aware of the incident.
"We said that we are not going anywhere and demand an interpreter to clear the situation. We have been already waiting for an hour", Shprygin added.
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Poroshenko arrives in Berlin for Normandy four meeting 19 October, 18:57
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels