Euro 2016: France launches application to prevent terroristic attacks
App is going to provide tips on how to ensure safety in each particular situation
The French authorities have announced the launch of a mobile application that will notify about the terrorist threat two days before the start of the European Football Championship, AFP writes.
As the French Home Affairs Minister Bernard Cazeneuve says, the decision to launch the application was accepted after the terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015.
It is noted that the application can be downloaded free in English and French.
Once the user agrees on the definition of its location, the app will be able to receive notifications of dangerous events that took place next to him.
It is expected that the report will come in less than 15 minutes after the incident, when the French authorities will be able to confirm the probable threat.
Users can also keep track warnings on eight geographical zones in order to verify whether their friends or relatives are safe.
The application will also provide tips on how to ensure their own safety, taking into account each particular situation.
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case